Attitudes towards students and practicum.

Attitude toward students

Personally, I'm a shy person. Despite having a few years of experience in teaching, I always suffered from this characteristic weakness and I always tried to hide it. From what I have observed and my own experience, I can say that there should be basic rules in the classroom and both teachers and students should follow this rule. Otherwise, there will be no mutual education and respect. Before I started my experience at school, I had a fear inside me. I wonder if the kids will love me, will I be able to do it?
As long as I was in the experience, I tried to approach children with love. Fortunately, the children also liked me and they were eager to participate actively in my lessons. I was able to see each student's weaknesses, strengths, interest and so on. And I tried to design my lessons accordingly, taking these features of them into consideration.

Attitude toward practicum
Teaching is a job that is constantly being developed. Teachers should always be open to criticism and develop their weak points by taking them into account. When I was at school, I was always open to the feedback my mentor gave me and I tried to improve myself by accepting them. My mentor was a very positive, friendly, supportive, concise person and always gave me the necessary feedback. She helped me a lot in how I should behave with students in the lesson and how I organize the lesson plan.

I am very happy to see the changes in myself.

Naila

Comments

  1. Hello, Naila! It's great to know that your teaching practice experience was beneficial.

    You are a very sweet and kind person, and a great English teacher too, no wonder kids like you! :)

    I wish you a good 2nd year of studies at the University of Warsaw! And hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!